Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pastor and Church Discipline Consultant

After my conversion to Christ as Lord and Saviour in 1973, I began to speak to high school and college students in "coffee houses" (yes, the real ones) about the counter-culture the Kingdom of God brings to an individual and to nations. Shortly thereafter I pastored a small Plymouth Brethren in the Cleveland, Ohio area and watched as God gave our membership increase in numbers and quality of life. As that church became maxed out I was asked to assist in church planting and moved to Kentucky to serve a larger situation in Lexington. Years later I found myself back in Ohio as an assistant pastor in a non-denominational church, only to find out that my pastor was on his way out in a few years and I was going to be the new senior pastor. As this church also grew, I found myself struggling with personal issues and resigned from the "professional" ministry and started a business with my family. How I was treated, or mistreated, and the toll this took on myself, my family, and my church could have been avoided.
If your church needs help or if your pastor needs help, I am available to share my story with you. Many today need a gentle mediator who can see through the darkness, save people's dignity, and prevent churches from splitting. e-mail me at georgeloper@gmail.com if I can serve you in any way. Also available for weekend seminars on Biblical Restoration and Intervention, or just to speak at your church.

No comments: